September 2, 2011

Dark Dishes & Other Ethereal Things

I have been obsessed with dark dishes lately, specifically glazed and floral, Japanese-inspired, with dark blue backgrounds.  Chalk it up to the produce I lean toward this time of year - blueberries, blackberries, plums.
 It's the reason I am in love with Cost Plus World Market's Cherry Blossom plates:



Not until very recently have I been interested in dishes.  I now know what my mother went through around my age: the act of preparing for a nest of ones own.  I used to roll my eyes at it.  But no more.

I am also pining for a tea set - not the fussy, English type - the Asian kind; the ones that have no handles on lovely little cups.  Tea is a favorite drink of choice, so it's only natural, I suppose, to eventually want a tea set to serve it in. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...